Saturday, March 7, 2020

CONSTRUCTION: FILM POSTER

I utilised the editing software Adobe Photoshop when creating a film poster as one of my three products as a marketing tactic. Through this process I was able to further establish my perception of important key conventions, and furthermore was able to develop my editing skills as I grew more familiar with the platform. 


To start I began by changing the curves of the picture to develop a deeper contrast between the highlights and shadows involved within the background image. This provided an area of lighter distinction which formed in centre page. 


I also added a monochrome tint of about 5% to the poster, while leaving the red strings exposedThe use of the monochromatic colour provides visual cohesion which helps to support the tone of the poster through the connotative colour created. The relative absence of hue contrast introduces a sinister style. 


Imported visuals added consisted of the Title, Billing board, Awards and Actor names; all of which are the conventions of a successful film poster. I further edited the film award/ festival names to increase sophistication and establish the films credibility. A red outline was used as a technique to grab the audiences attention. 


Moreover, after realising the lack of excitement as expressed through the poster, I decided to incorporate a dripping blood effect onto the "III" of the title. Furthermore, I favoured a more captivating effect, this of which I was able to achieve by linking the poster visuals with the Title in a coupled approach. This signifies to the audience the relationship and impact of time within the plot. The left side of the title incorporates less string, while the right provides an overwhelming extent which is to be seen as a reflection to the plot thickening

I added a tagline and social medias to follow the typical conventions associated with a respectably credited thriller film poster. shadow itself represents the blocking out of light, the addition of shadows behind the varying text formats symbolise a lurking darkness, which can be further connoted to resemble uncertainty

My Final Product:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LUCY SPALDING CANDIDATE NUMBER 1666 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 I worked with  SARAH MILLARD 1648 ,  MAX GREEN 1629,  ...